.

President Cory, role model for all ages

>> Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Philippines has a new role model today and it's none other than our most beloved President Cory Aquino, whose life, love and faith continue to inspire and strengthen us. She is indeed the role model for all ages. She was an excellent student, an obedient daughter, a loving and faithful wife, a perfect mother, an honest leader, a trusted friend, an artist and a practicing Catholic Christian. If ever we can vote for her for the last time, it will a vote to make her a hero and a saint.
Fr. Felman gathered some of President Cory's quote that he's sharing in his blog and I'd also like to share it with you..

Here are some of the quotes of Tita Cory I gathered around the net, a testament of her faith…
1. “There is much that women can bring into politics that would make our world a kinder, gentler place for humanity to thrive in.”
2. “As I came to power peacefully, so I shall keep it.”
3. “I would rather die a meaningful death than to live a meaningless life.”
4. “Faith is not simply a patience that passively suffers until the storm is past. Rather, it is a spirit that bears things – with resignations, yes, but above all, with serene, blazing hope.”
5. “I am not embarrased to tell you that I believe in miracles.”
6. “I guess my religious faith sustained me more than anything else.”
7. “It wasn’t until we got over the self pity that we were able to accept suffering sufferign as apart of our life with Christ. A man or woman reaches this plane when only when he or she ceases to be the hero.”
8. “It’s not just in politics that you can be a servant of the people, you can do it in so many other ways.”
9. “I am not an icon of democracy. You are all, collectively, the icon of democracy.”
10. “I would like to ask the many Filipino people to pray together, to help each other so that we will be able to preserve the democracy we restored 20 years ago.”
God bless you Tita Cory…+

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...