.

Kris Aquino quits Pilipinas Win Na Win effective Friday 10/1/10

>> Monday, September 27, 2010


Update! Kris made it clear that she did not resign or quit. She was asked to leave to make room for more male hosts [which is good so that Kris can take a sabbatical leave and reinvent herself].

MANILA, Philippines - It’s confirmed: Kris Aquino (right) is quitting as lead host of the two-month-old ABS-CBN early-afternoon show Pilipinas Win Na Win (PWNW) effective on Friday, Oct. 1.

Kris didn’t confirm rumors that the network is bringing back her game show Pilipinas, Game KNB?

“No new project,” said Kris.

Taking over are (photo) Rico J. Puno, Hajji Alejandro and perhaps their fellow Hitmakers Rey Valera, Nonoy Zuñiga and Marco Sison (if he could since he and his family are based in L.A.).



According to Funfare’s Big Apple correspondent Edmund Silvestre, Rico announced the ‘scoop’ during the Hitmakers’ show last Sept. 18 in New York City. When asked about it, the usually “clueless” Bong Osorio, head of the ABS-CBN Corporate Communications, said he had no idea. He seems to be always the last to know about what’s happening in his own backyard.

Televiewers observed that Kris is effective as a solo host, not mixed with others like Pokwang, Valerie Concepcion and, previously, Mariel Rodriguez who quit the show a week after her now-husband Robin Padilla did. PWNW premiered last July 31 as replacement of Willie Revillame’s controversial show Wowowee.

Source: Philstar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...